Finningley Parish Council meets on the third Tuesday of each month commencing at 7pm in the Village Hall on Old Bawtry Road.
Members of the public are welcome to attend these meetings and, prior to commencement of formal business, a period of up to 15 minutes are set aside for public participation.
We aim to keep residents well informed by publicising minutes and agendas on our notice boards at the Village Hall and Finningley Post Office as well as on this website and through our quarterly Newsletters.
What are Town and Parish Councils?
A Parish or Town Council in England is the first tier of local government. Members are elected by the local community and serve a 4 year term of office. They deliver a range of services to meet local needs and to improve the quality of life and wellbeing of the community.
Parish councils are funded by an annual precept which is added to your Council Tax and collected by the Borough Council (also known as the Principal Authority). The annual precept is based on the budget the Parish Council sets to provide the services and actions necessary to meet local needs and to improve the quality of life and wellbeing of the community.
What we do
Your Parish Council:
- Undertakes projects and schemes which benefit local residents,
- Works in partnership with other bodies to achieve benefits for the Parish,
- Alerts relevant authorities to problems which arise or work which needs to be undertaken,
- Helps DMBC to keep in touch with our community and its needs,
- Works closely with the local police and other organisations to provide a safer neighbourhood,
- Is a statutory consultee on all planning applications within its boundaries and reflects the opinions of residents,
- Manages local assets entrusted to its care (The Playing Fields, Village Greens, Village Hall and various other assets).
You can find out more about the specific responsibilities of each councillor on the Your Parish Councillors page
Details on the other Parish Councils can be found on Doncaster Council’s website: Parish Councils in Doncaster