Minutes of Council Meetings
   


MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL PARISH MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HALL, FINNINGLEY,

ON TUESDAY 21ST APRIL 2015 AT 7PM

 

PRESENT:

Cllrs R Johnson (Chairman), B Lifsey, A Elder, Miss C Clayborn, Mrs M Lindley, D Lindley
Mrs J Leighton-Eshelby – Clerk

IN ATTENDANCE:

6 residents
PCSO’s Katy Martin and Gareth Sherratt

 

 

 

Prior to commencement of business a period of up to 15 minutes was allowed for Public Participation.

 

 

 

1

TO RECEIVE/ACCEPT APOLOGIES – All members of the Parish Council were present.

2

MINUTES OF ANNUAL PARISH MEETING HELD 18TH MARCH 2014
The minutes were previously approved as a true record and signed by the Chairman.

3

MATTERS ARISING FROM THE ABOVE MEETING - None

4

CHAIRMAN’S ANNUAL REPORT
Our quarterly Newsletters, delivered to all households and businesses within the village boundary, have kept residents informed on most of the important issues and developments over the past year, so I will not repeat them now.

As last year our biggest disappointments have been the lack of progress in providing an area for allotments and that we continue to experience dog fouling on our pavements, verges and playing field. We will continue to seek a solution for both.

I would like to welcome our clerk, Julie, to her first Annual Parish meeting. Julie joined us in September last year following the retirement of Jennifer Worthington. I would also like to place on record our thanks to Jennifer for her excellent service to the council in her 14 years as clerk.

Also retiring this year are four councillors who together have given over 50 years’ service to our community. We say farewell to Margaret Lindley who joined the council in November 2009; Alex Elder who joined the council in September 2007; and to Barry Lifsey and David Lindley who joined the council before records began (a little bird told me Barry has 22 years’ service and David 18).

Margaret has over the past few years been our representative on the Airports Noise Monitoring / Environment sub-committee and an active member of the council; Alex has served as chair and as a member of the Playing Fields Association and acted as the councils “odd job man” when things needed “sorting”; Barry is a member of the Newsletter editorial team, chair of the Village Hall committee, the council deputy representative on the Parish Council Joint Consultative Committee, a member of our highways and footpaths patrol team, has in the past served as chairman for 8 years, vice-chair for 9 years, and is our “eyes and ears” in the village. David is also a member of the Newsletter editorial team, a member of the highways and footpaths patrol team, our representative on DMBC Rights of Way Forum, is our web master and as a recent past chairman for 10 years is our “go to” man for all things procedural. I should also mention Isabel Batunas who joined the council in June 2011 and resigned in January this year. Isabel was a willing helper in many of our activities. We will miss them all.

I understand that Barry will continue on the Village Hall committee and that Alex will continue as a member of the Playing Field Committee. We are fortunate not to lose their input on both these committees that are so important to our village. I am also sure that Margaret and David will not ignore my calls for help.

On behalf of the residents I would like to thank them all for their superb commitment over the past years and wish them a long, healthy and happy retirement.

Finally, I would like to thank Charlotte, our newest and only remaining councillor for her hard work since joining the council in July last year. We have four new members who will take up office in May, and if you are interested, there is still a vacancy – names and telephone numbers can be left with Julie; I am happy to have a chat.

5

ISSUES RAISED BY RESIDENTS OF THE PARISH
Mr Roy Hattersley read out a letter of thanks to the retiring councillors and thanks were also expressed by other members of the public present.

Concern was raised regarding the location of a proposed pedestrian crossing, the resident was advised that this was dependent on receiving Section 106 money in the future and it was agreed to keep the resident updated.

The issue of speeding was also discussed and it was agreed that the clerk would contact DMBC and request that the Give Way signs on Lindley Road and Old Bawtry Road are replaced with Halt signs.

 

 

The meeting ended at 7.25pm.

 

 

Chairman: ………………………………………………..